Candidates running for office in Seneca County that expend or receive campaign contributions, and committees supporting or opposing those candidates, including county, city and town committees, must register and file periodic reports with the New York State Board of Elections. Such filings must be made electronically using the NYSBOE Electronic Filing System (EFS) Software unless a waiver allowing filing on paper has been applied for and granted in writing.
Exceptions to these filing requirements are:
- Persons, associations or corporations whose ordinary business is the publication or distribution of any newspaper or publication issued at regular intervals
- Candidates and committees required to file statements and reports pursuant to the laws of the United States and who are engaged in exclusively federal activities
- Candidates for member of a county committee or judicial district convention provided the campaign expenditures made by or on behalf of such candidate do not exceed $50
- candidate and his authorized committee taking part solely in his campaign, in a city, town or village having a population of less than 10,000 persons as shown by the latest census, unless the aggregate receipts or expenditures of that candidate and committee exceed $1,000
- A political committee formed solely to promote the success or defeat of any ballot proposition until that committee has received or expended in excess of $100
Complete instructions and regulations for filing are available at the following location: